Monday, August 24, 2009

Dc 'Verse

I will be a part of this fan produced Youtube series, playing the parts of Brainiac, Batman, and Toyman. Perhaps another one or two down the road, as there will be a giant JSA extravaganza, including the vast assortment of rogue baddies.

I stumbled onto Matt's Youtube page sometime back, and thought this would be a fun one. To my recollection, I hadn't done any super hero related stuff to this point. And with so many villains to choose from, oh boy! Let's face it, the nasties are almost always the most fun to play!

In the trailer, the voice you hear is that of the Eradicator. He's really got a bone to pick with Brainiac. And Brian Tubbs playing Superman is a perfect fit!

I'm not too up to speed on the current generation of characters, as my knowledge is basically planted in the 80's and prior. That doesn't mean I can't have fun with it!

Matt was kind enough to interview me a week or so ago at Blogtalk Radio on Talk Geek. That's a first for me. There is my interview, sandwiched between his interviews of Jennifer Hale - a top shelf voice actress in the biz today, Louis Febre - Smallville television series composer, and Mark Hamill. Uh, yes, Mark Hamill. What a geek that Mark guy. But, he'd be the first to tell you that. He knows what goes on in the DC universe. I was always more of a Marvel guy, but Matt and myself get along just fine despite that.

I didn't promote anything I've done in the interview, aside from the Knights Of The Old Republic mod I voiced, which was within the context of Jennifer Hale, in my own little world way.

But, here is the teaser trailer for Superman:Insurrection, which is I guess you'd call a dub with original story, dialogue, and music. The original music by Youtube user byte19 will really spice it up, too.